Monday, July 20, 2009

It'll be like You've-Got-Mail

Remember From The Mixed Up Files Of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler? That was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. They get to sleep in the museum! I kind of forgot about all the books I loved when I was younger. I know I say I didn't read much, which is true, compared to my television consumption and the hundreds of books my siblings went through, but I did read some books. And the books that I did read, I remember every moment of them. I may not have been able to speed read like all the other kids, but I probably had the best reading comprehension around.

I've been working with this cute bookstore in Tennessee that is only run by two ladies who are both very nice. They have story-time, dress up, themed birthdays, and they even set up a tranquil "adult" room with coffee and tea for the stressed out parents!! Wouldn't it be wonderful to work in a place like that? I don't like kids much now, but I assume I'll grow out of it as I get older, and being Meg Ryan from You've Got Mail would probably be pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment